Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Greenjeans' Waddle Duck in Vogue


What a surprise I had this morning while flipping through the latest issue of Vogue -- there on page 194, right up top, is Frank Ridley/Different Drummer Workshop's Waddle Duck and our web address!




The piece, by Jane Herman, is about shopping for gifts with sustainable style without breaking the bank. She writes:

"Then, from the Different Drummer Workshop in Solon, Maine, I get a lead-free white-pine pull toy to entertain my favorite seven-month-old baby girl. 'She's in the I-put-everything-in-my-mouth phase,' her mom, Kate, tells me. Here, Beatriz, chew safely on this."

I don't know where the editor found us -- maybe at the Brooklyn Flea? -- but I'm delighted she did and thrilled to be included in Vogue.

We have a batch of Waddle Ducks arriving later this week, along with lots of other favorite wooden toys. You can purchase one for the chew-on-everything tot in your life from our Webshop for just $18. Budget-friendly sustainable style indeed.

Thank you, Jane Herman, for the awesome mention!

Posted by Amy Shaw for Greenjeans.

No comments: