Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Timeline for New Greenjeans


Ever have one of those days when you work and work and work, but feel like you don't get anything done?

Well, that's been my whole summer.

My list of things to do -- improve the Greenjeans Webshop, develop a new business plan, find a great new location -- remains unticked.

I guess sometimes things just take longer than we initially think they should.

And so, I am revising my timeline for the next phase of Greenjeans:

Rather than push to reopen this Fall, I am now projecting a grand re-opening for Spring 2009. We had intended to be up-and-running in our new space for the holidays, but I'm afraid to accomplish that would mean settling on a less-than-excellent new space, and I certainly don't want to compromise.

So over the coming months we'll continue to do the Brooklyn Flea, focusing on the Fall Furniture Festival at the Flea that will run through the month of October, and getting the Webshop in better shape so we can handle all your holiday shopping online.

Of course, you can always contact us to order from Greenjeans, bypassing the Webshop if you prefer.

(Jae and I will also continue freelancing -- me doing research, writing, and editing, and Jae doing graphic design. So if you or someone you know needs a team to produce a report or publication, please do keep us in mind!)

I will be posing questions to all you loyal readers from time to time about things like our space's new name (Gallery Greenjeans?), our new logo (or lack thereof?), our website (what works, what doesn't?) and so on.

Feel free at any time to send me an email and let me know what you think. We really want to improve things for you, so your comments are invaluable!

Thanks to everyone who has asked about our progress, and to everyone who is pulling for us from afar! Your support keeps us keepin' on.

Posted by Amy Shaw for Greenjeans. Image sourced here.

1 comment:

Hrag said...

Good luck in your quest for a new locale...we're all routing for you!