Monday, May 05, 2008

Iron Man Brings Sexy Craft to Big Screen


As I watched him hammer and weld, covered in sweat and grime, muscles rippling and black eyes flashing, his fate uncertain in that dark Afghani cave, Tony Stark stole my craft-loving heart.

Oh yes, Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, is a beautiful beautiful man. Blending old school industrial brawn with MacGyver brains and Howard Hughes' limitless ambition, Robert Downey Jr. has created a charismatic, cool, and surprisingly appealing new on-screen character. And I love him.

He builds the greatest fighting machine ever out of mere scraps, then comes home and uses his futuristic high-tech robots and computers to build a svelte gear-head version. And it's totally awesome.

If you're not keen on testosterone-fueled movies featuring tons of explosions, this movie might not be for you. But if you can get into that, suspend your disbelief and get yourself to your nearest stadium-seating multiplex and watch Iron Man.

Because watching people make things is great. But watching hot guys make awesome things that fly and defeat evil is totally sexy.

I can hardly wait for the sequel...

Posted by Amy Shaw for Greenjeans. Image sourced here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Now I know which movie I'm going to see tomorrow while grandma watches Mac--THANK YOU!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Dude, I cannot agree more. Whoda thunk RDJr would be cyborgly hot? I am bananas for this movie.