Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Upcoming Events (Design Week, etc.)

This past weekend BKLYN Designs kicked off "NYC Design Week," which is really a month-long convergence of shows, exhibitions, events, and parties all over the city. I've been filling up my calendar with things to go check out and thought I'd share...

ACC Salon: The Industrial Complex, with Tyler Hays (discussing the relationship between handmade work and industry)
May 15 (6-8pm) *This Thursday!*
American Craft Council Library, 72 Spring St.
RSVP: mhampton@craftcouncil.org or 212.274.0630 ext. 272.

International Contemporary Furniture Fair
May 17-20
Jacob Javits Center

Design Week Exhibitions / Events / Party Guide
May 17-20
Core 77's invaluable city-wide listing of what's up during Design Week

SOFA
May 29 - June 1
Park Ave. Armory


I'll add more events happening around SOFA as I discover them... Feel free to leave comments with tips!

Posted by Amy Shaw for Greenjeans.

No comments: