The persistently awesome Garth Johnson of Extreme Craft just snagged a sweet deal with Quarry Books to compile the next book in their "1000" series": 1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse!
He is collecting submissions now, and here are some of the categories he's looking for:
- Paper Craft– Consigning paper to the recycling bin is a shame. Do you make interesting things out of paper?
- Art– Does your art involve clever reuse of materials in installation, sculpture, collage, painting or other media?
- Jewelry and accessories– Our definition here is very broad—we’re looking for all kinds of personal adornment, handbags, belts, hats, etc.
- Clothing– We’re seeking all kinds of clothing mash-ups, stitch-ups, and makeovers.
- Fiber and fabric- How about renovated soft goods made from recycled or vintage linens, quilts, fabrics, fibers, sweaters, yarns, rugs?
- Housewares and furnishings– We’re looking for repurposed furniture, ceramics, serving dishes, utensils and miscellaneous home goods.
- Houses, interiors, and environments– Is your living space made of reused materials? Have you made a visionary environment out of recycled materials?
- GeekCraft and ManCraft– Do you make repurposed items with geek appeal? What about traditionally “manly” items such such as grills, antler furniture and armchair go-karts?
- UnClassifiable– We are encouraging the submission of work that doesn’t fit into any of the above boxes.
Click here for more information. And congrats, Garth -- can't wait to see your book!