Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Snacks - new feature!

I'm attempting a new feature today called Friday Snacks. It's basically a few links, calls for entries, and other cool stuff I've come across recently. Let's see if I can stick with it for more than just this week!

Enjoy the Snacks!

I am doubtful that I could make them as good as Hanco's, but it's good to have this recipe for Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches. [via Craftzine Blog]. (This is for you, Rena!)

Art21 Blog, which accompanies the PBS series, is really good, and my friend the culture pundit Hrag Vartanian is currently guest blogging.

The American Craft Council is now accepting applications for the Alt-Craft section of their huge annual American Craft Show in Baltimore. Deadline is Oct. 23. Email altcraft [at] craftcouncil [dot] org to find out how to apply. [image via Etsy]

Furniture Festival exhibitor David Gibbs and his project New York City Water Tower Furniture will be featured on the Discovery Channel on Oct. 6 at 6pm and Oct. 7 at 2am and 10am. Congrats, David!

I can't get enough of big knitting... This is a project by Jennifer Marsh [via Craftzine Blog].

I love this growing moss ring by Icelandic designer Hafsteinn Juliusson [via Inhabitat].

Snackalicious!

Posted by Amy Shaw for Greenjeans.

1 comment:

rena said...

hi! i miss u, and i miss those sandwiches :)